Wednesday, September 21, 2011

MY FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR!

Wow, what a slacker I've been. I haven't updated this blog in over three months. I don't know about you...but summer just flew by! We are now entering my absolutely favorite time of year - Fall. I love the cooler weather, the crisp air and the beautiful colors. Even after being out of school for more years than I want to admit, I still feel the excitement of a new school year starting. I love the Fall holidays and look forward to cuddling up in my home for a few months.


Peer parenting was a little slower this summer but has definitely picked up! I trained a bunch of new peer parents in August and would like to welcome Melissa S., Kim A., Dawn W., Ruth B., Crystal M. and Valecia B. We're happy to have you in our peer parent family!


Last Saturday was Advanced Training. The subject was "Education" and I appreciate all the input from peer parents. I mentioned a couple of object lessons that one of our great peer parents, Tiffany Schultz, used with one of her clients. Thanks, Tiffany, for giving me permission to share your creativity and ability to think "outside the box" with other peer parents. We then played Peer Parent Jeopardy to see how much we really know about this great program we work for. Everyone did so well...I'm not surprised since I already know we have the best peer parents in the State! Congratulations to Laura Nelson who won the game and took home a gift card to Applebee's. If you weren't able to make this training, we missed you and hope to see you at the next one which is scheduled for Saturday, November 12th. Look for more information later.












No comments:

Post a Comment