Friday, September 24, 2010

CONGRATULATIONS, KERRI!


Kerri Miller is the lucky winner of a $15.00 gift card to Target for being the first peer parent to comment on this blog. Thanks, Kerri! Now I know at least one person is reading it...
Kerri lives in Clinton. She is a fairly new peer parent and is working on her first case. Kerry commented to me in an email, "I'd like to see other's ideas and tips on teaching the different subjects. Maybe the more experienced parents could blog about how they teach? Give us ideas and "teaching aids"?"
That is exactly what I hope this blog becomes - an interactive message board for all peer parents to share ideas and tips. Peer parents can do this one of two ways:
1) Respond in a "comment".
2) Email me the information you would like posted in the blog and I will put it in for you. The State has requested that only coordinators be able to actually post on the blog since blogs are open to anyone and we wouldn't want unauthorized people to post inappropriate or unrelated stuff on our blog.
So...I am offering another $15.00 gift card to Target for the first person (other than Kerri - I want to see if anyone else is reading this!) who emails me some peer parenting ideas or tips that I can post here. I know for a fact that we have some really great peer parents in our region who have lots of experience and a wealth of knowledge to share with others so let's hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment